Çınar contributes to CNN article: Will guilt-free long-haul flights ever be possible?
Dr. Gökçin Çınar recently contributed her expertise to a CNN Travel article discussing the future of sustainable aviation. The article, titled “The Long Road to Guilt-Free Flying,” explores innovative technologies aimed at reducing the environmental impact of air travel. Dr. Çınar’s focus is on the challenges and innovations propelling us towards a more sustainable future in air travel. Each technology presents its own set of risks in application, maturation, and integration - not just within the aircraft, but also in infrastructure and airline networks. Çınar believes that a diverse portfolio of technologies is crucial for achieving the 2050 net zero goals.
Dr. Çınar is quoted saying, “The technologies that we’re considering are mainly sustainable aviation fuels, which are being used today at a very minimal level, and two others that we could consider as being a bit more advanced: electrification and hydrogen.”
Read the full article on CNN by Jacopo Prisco, published on December 5, 2023.
- Listen to Çınar's Episode on Boston Consulting Group's Podcast: Envisioning the Future of Aviation in 2050
- Australia's ABC radio invites Çınar to talk about sustainability trends in aviation in 2023
- Washington Post quotes Çınar on Future of Flight
- Electric planes are coming, Çınar's op-ed in the Conversation
- Media Coverage on International Women's Day