Washington Post quotes Cinar on Future of Flight
Dr. Cinar was quoted on a Washington Post article on “These planes are battery operated. Will that fly?"
“We haven’t done anything this new with aircraft since forever. … Usually, our industry doesn’t do big changes. You do minimal changes over time. So there’s high risk, but there’s high reward,” said Gökçin Çınar, assistant professor of aerospace engineering, about battery-powered planes, which could cut emissions and make shorter plane routes financially feasible.
Click here to read the Washington Post article by Pranshu Verma, published on September 21, 2022.
The University Record, the official source for faculty-staff news at the University of Michigan, also shared the story on their daily digest.
- Listen to Prof. Cinar's Episode on Boston Consulting Group's Podcast: Envisioning the Future of Aviation in 2050
- Australia's ABC radio invites Cinar to talk about sustainability trends in aviation in 2023
- Electric planes are coming, Cinar's op-ed in the Conversation
- Media Coverage on International Women's Day
- Front Page News on Turkish Newspaper